Register for college prep clinics and auditions/tryouts at http://www.fsuspirit.com/upcoming-events/
- Perform at all Florida State Football [Home] Games and Men’s Basketball [Home] Games
- Perform at some Women’s Volleyball [Home] and Women’s Basketball [Home] Games
- Travel to Men’s Basketball Tournament Games
- Entertain fans at various campus and off-campus events
- Perform for National Television audiences
- Lend time and talent at community service events
- Team is comprised of between 20-25 athletes
- Compete at UDA Nationals in January each year
- Perform at the Spring Game in April
- Fall and Spring Show Case
- Must be in the acceptance process at Florida State University at time of auditions
- You must be able to attend all rehearsals and other related activities.
- Must have active insurance and active physical at time of auditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any height and weight requirements?
We DO NOT have specific height and weight requirements.
If I am currently a high school senior but will not graduate until June, can I still audition and be selected to the squad?
Yes, as long as you have submitted an application for Admission
What should I wear to auditions?
You should wear:
- 2-piece attire: Top: Dance/Athletic Bra Top (No Tank Tops) Bottom: Dance Shorts(No Biker Shorts)
- Dance shoes: jazz, pirouettes, sneakers/athletic shoes, etc…)
Are Dance Clinics Mandatory?
Audition Dance Clinics are non-mandatory clinics offered to provide excellent preparation for the upcoming audition. They are taught by current FSU Golden Girls squad members. You may attend one or all the clinics. They will take place in the Albert J Dunlap Athletic Training Facility which is located across from the Moore Athletic Center (403 Stadium Drive West, Tallahassee, FL 32303)
How should I wear my make-up?
Make-up should complement your natural beauty.
How should I wear my hair?
In a current hairstyle that compliments your features. Make sure your hair does not hide your face.
What is the audition process?
Auditions are a multi-step process beginning with Application, Preliminary Audition, Semi-Final Audition, Personal Interview and Final Talent Auditions follow for selected candidates. Squad members will be selected from participants in the Final Auditions. Plan on spending the whole day! Detailed information will be handed out to you each day at registration and an exact schedule will be provided on the website the week prior
If I do not advance to semi-finals will my application be kept on file?
No. You must re-apply with a new application, non-returnable photo, and application processing fee each year.
If I am not selected as a Golden Girl squad member may I call the FSU Marketing office to receive my judges’ comments?
No. The judges’ sheets are not kept on file and comments about your audition are not available.
If I make the team, when do rehearsals begin?
We will require a couple dates out of you over the summer and those will be provided to you if you make the team. During season, All rehearsals are held during weekday evenings beginning at 6:30 pm.
What type of time commitment is required if chosen for as a squad member?
TOTAL COMMITMENT IS REQUIRED!!!!
- Fan Mail
- Dance Clinics
Are there certain dance moves that I must be able to do at auditions?
There are no specific movements that must be executed at preliminaries. Freestyle dance should be a blend of hip-hop/jazz that incorporates movements that you feel comfortable with technically. At semi-finals, the choreography in the dance combination is different each year. However, expect a quadruple pirouette, aleseconde turn sequence, headspring and kip-up tricks to be included. Throughout auditions, the most important performance quality is confidence! So, with any of the dance elements, use great posture, strong, controlled movements and always, with a smile!
May I try out if I have a tattoo?
Yes, you may try out if you have a tattoo. Our policy is that even the smallest of tattoos may not be visible in the uniform or in rehearsal attire. There are many effective products available at stores or online. Additionally, concealer, followed by setting powder, then bronzer to match color, can also be effective.
Can my family watch auditions?
Some parts of auditions are closed to the public and this will be announced the weekend of auditions.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT STACI SUTTON the DIRECTOR OF SPIRIT PROGRAMS at [email protected] or 850-644-8457.