Register for college prep clinics and auditions/tryouts at http://www.fsuspirit.com/upcoming-events/
- Perform at all Florida State Football [Home] Games and Men’s Basketball [Home] Games
- Perform at some Women’s Volleyball [Home] and Women’s Basketball [Home] Games
- Travel to Men’s Basketball Tournament Games
- Entertain fans at various campus and off-campus events
- Perform for National Television audiences
- Lend time and talent at community service events
- Team is comprised of between 20-25 athletes
- Compete at UDA Nationals in January each year
- Perform at the Spring Game in April
- Fall and Spring Show Case
- Must be in the acceptance process at Florida State University at time of auditions
- You must be able to attend all rehearsals and other related activities.
- Must have active insurance and active physical at time of auditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often do the Golden Girls practice & what does the time commitment look like?
We practice 3x a week, typically Monday, Tuesday & Thursday from 6-9. GGs have workouts with a Strength & Conditioning Coach 2x a week, typically M, T, TR from 6-7am. GGs are also required to get 10 hours of community service per semester.
Other activities include:
- Summer Camp
- Fan Mail
- Dance Clinics
What are the academic requirements?
To remain eligible, student athletes must have at least a 2.5 semester GPA and a 2.0 cumulative FSU GPA. Student Athletes must also be a full-time student, currently enrolled in 12 hours each semester.
Are there any financial obligations?
No. Our program is under Marketing/Athletics, so our team is provided with everything that we need (including uniforms, practice gear, per-diem when traveling and nationals).
Are there any height and weight requirements?
We DO NOT have specific height and weight requirements.
What FSU sports do the Golden Girls perform at?
The dance team performs at all home Football, Basketball & Volleyball games. They also travel with MBB for the ACC & NCAA tournaments in various cities across the US.
Do the Golden Girls compete?
Yes! We compete at the Universal Dance Association (UDA) Collegiate National Championships in Orlando, FL. We are in the D1A Jazz and Hip Hop division.
How do I become a Golden Girl, when are auditions?
NEW in 2021-2022, the Golden Girls will no longer host in-person auditions and will move to a full recruiting model. Please visit our recruiting page to learn more information, video submissions, references and meeting the coaching staff.